Vision: Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice!
Mission: Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) is committed to preventing and reducing chronic disease statewide. Through cross-sector collaboration, we are activating communities to improve access to and affordability of healthy food and increase opportunities for physical activity where Ohioans live, work and play. By implementing sustainable evidence-based strategies, CHC is creating a culture of health.
Creating Healthy Communities in Perry County
- In 2021, 73% of adults in Perry County were considered obese
- 38% of Perry County residents have high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- 19% consider themselves sedentary
Creating Health Communities Projects:
- Working to submit an Ohio Department of Transportation Safety Application for the funding necessary to install sidewalk on Carroll Street in New Lexington.
- Produce Prescription cooking classes, partnered with OSU Extension, focusing on healthy eating.
- Park revitalization.
- Creating communities with a focus on active transportation.
Find a link to the Perry County Active Transportation Plan HERE
For more information on Creating Healthy Communities in Perry County contact Jenny LaRue at 740-342-5179